WHY MEDICAL POST GRADUATION CANDIDATES CHOOSE RADIOLOGY AS A PREFFERED BRANCH
One of the respect-oriented career options for aspirants is the medical field. All across the nation Doctors are treated as a living God. Doctors are the ones who are born to save someone’s life. The journey of the doctor actually starts after the completion of the MBBS course. For further study medical graduates have to choose a branch of medicine to pursue. While choosing the best medicine branch. In India, various popular branches of medicine are designed by authorities to provide all needed care to the patients.
The most pivotal step in any doctor’s career is becoming a specialist. However, there is a lot of thoughts that go into choosing a specialization. Although there is a broad range of medical specialties on offer, from gynecology to dermatology, and of course, radiology, you may be overwhelmed with the choices.
But radiology is the most proffered choice.
Radiology is the study of the diagnosis of diseases with the help of medicine as well as technology. It is classified in majorly two fields including diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology. Here, one of the branches of radiology is a specialization of medicine that uses X-Ray images to detect diseases or injuries whereas the other is the study of using imaging techniques such as CT Scans, MRI, etc., to provide treatment directions.
This article will explain how radiology has now become one of the most appealing and rewarding specializations one opt for:
• Advancement in Imaging Technology- Radiology has seen exemplary growth with the advancement in technology. Radiology has become more advanced from better scanning equipment and more purpose-made advanced tools like Brachytherapy apparatus for specific situations. Through, this patients can receive a wide range of diagnoses and prognoses. Presently people rely on Modern medicine. Hence, they become increasingly reliant on imaging technologies to provide efficient and effective representation of diseases and illnesses. Then comes the role of Radiology. It plays a vital role in understanding such medical issues. Due to technological advancements, radiology continues to outshine other specialties in the medical field technologically.
• Range of Options- If you decide it for the future it merely provides a massive range of sub-specializations. Sub-specialization in radiology will allow you to become an expert in a particular area. Because more opportunities mean more career options. One cannot say the same for other specialties where you won’t have as many choices to upgrade yourself. These flexibilities are luxuries that simply are not achievable with other specialties.
• Strong Demand and Workload- Some of the most sought-after specialists are Radiologists. Their involvement is required in almost all diagnoses. A broad range of radiological procedures like X-ray tests, CT scan echocardiograms, MRI, and ultrasound can be employed to gain insights into the patient’s illness or condition. Thus, radiologists enjoy strong demand and have a healthy workload. With health apps, Radiologists have also started offering online consultations and virtual screenings for their work. In recent years there is high demand for radiology careers.
• Attractive Compensation Package- It is the fact that radiology is one of the most well-paid specialties that one can choose. When you are putting in the best efforts, it’s only fair that you get paid the best for your contributions.
• Easy to Pursue- Radiology doesn’t take much time to earn your degree when compared with other specializations such as cardiology, neurology, etc. The faster you start to embark on a career in radiology, the quicker you will be able to help patients and get on with your professional life. Within 36 months you can obtain a degree in radiology. Unlike other medical field careers, radiology may not require tons of education and practical training.
• Collaboration with Other Specialists- One of the most appealing factors contributing to radiologists’ demand is that they work with professionals from various medical disciplines, from general specialists to neurologists. Their contribution is pivotal to other specialist diagnostics and will significantly impact the medical industry as a whole. In addition to this, radiologists often work closely with interventionists, provide diagnostic images, and interpret them for the physicians and surgeons to provide the best treatment solution.
Now that we have understood the reason behind radiology’s popularity among aspiring specialist doctors. Thus, choosing radiology careers puts you in the hot seat, interacting and utilizing such groundbreaking advanced technologies and helping patients more effectively. Hence, it is the most preffered branch.