CAREER IN TAKING GENERAL MEDICINE AS A MD COURSE
For candidates the field of medicine is among the most respect-oriented career options. All across the globe doctors are treated as God on the planet.
The medical specialty that is involved in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases is General Medicine. In this field of Medical Science, the ones who enroll themselves are familiar with advancement through experimentation, observation, theoretical knowledge, and practical exposure.
MD General Medicine is the study that focusses on identifying, detecting as well as treating common health problems like nausea, cold and cough. It is a branch that is concerned with the study of detecting and treating of diseases that are detected. In the MD course in India there are total number of 4050 General Medicine seats in 332 colleges. General Medicine is among the most demanded branch.
During the course there are various subjects covered like Genetics, Social Science, Health Education, General Medicine applied to the Field of Public Health, Occupational Health, Maternal and Child Health Rehabilitation, and Public Health Administration etc. The course aims to prepare aspirant to efficiently detect and treat common illness, manage medical emergency, carry accurate research efficiently.
The degree of MD is awarded to physicians after successful completion of their course. The physicians having MD in General Medicine have ability to detect and treat common and rare diseases. MD General Medicine Doctors are also known as General Physician, General Practitioner, Physician etc.
After MD many doctors go for DM, a super specialty course in various streams like:
- Clinical hematology
Employment Opportunities for General Physician
When it comes to employment opportunities of the qualified general physicians they have lot of opportunities in both government and private sectors both in rural and urban areas. The General Physicians can take jobs in following areas:
- Private Clinics
- Private Hospitals
- Government/Public Hospitals
- Primary Health Centers
- Military Hospital
- NGO's and NPO
Top Organizations that Recruit for General Physicians:
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
- Tata Memorial Hospital
- Kokilaben Hospital
- Medanta (The Medicity)
- Moolchand Hospital, New Delhi
- Apollo Hospital
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS)
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, New Delhi
- Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi
- King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- GOONJ - A Voice, An Effort
- Help Age India
- K.C Mahindra Education Trust (Nanhi Kali)
- LEPRA India
- Pratham Education Foundation
- Sammaan Foundation
- Sargam Sanstha
- Smile Foundation
- Command Hospital Kolkata, Eastern Command (Army)
- Command Hospital Chandimandir Cantonment, Western Command (Army)
- Command Hospital Udhampur, Northern Command (Army)
- Command Hospital Lucknow, Central Command (Army)
- Command Hospital Pune, Southern Command (Army)
The successful MD General Physician get basic salary between INR 1 and 12 lacs per month. They get many new opportunities with the fast-evolving technologies, pharmaco-vigilance, telemedicine sector, pharmaceutical industry and clinical research.
Pros of becoming a General Physician
- There is good growth and they are highly paid with attractive perks.
- They are highly respected among people and society.
- The working hours are flexible both in hospital or their own clinic.
- Working in medicine and saving lives is immensely satisfying for many.
- There are lots of opportunities available for physicians.
The course of MD General Medicine mainly focuses on theoretical and practical knowledge of advancement in the technology of diagnosing and treating diseases. Other than this they are diagnostic investigation procedures, counseling of patients, monitoring patients, and handling of medical equipment.